Technical Training & Development Manager
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focussed general insurance provider to the UK market, with over 2 million customers and employing over 2,600 colleagues at sites in Bexhill, Leicester and Newmarket.
We now have an opportunity within our HR Learning & Development department for an experienced Technical Training & Development Manager. This position will be based from our Head Office in Bexhill on Sea.
The main purpose of the role is partner and support the business, attending strategy off-sites and monthly meetings as and when required to build the right colleague capabilities for the future.
Responsibilities will also include:
- Business Partners with the leadership teams to be able to scope and design, in collaboration with the Learning Design Team, external suppliers and other technical training team members, the technical learning interventions that will support the 3 year plans.
- L&D lead for the ongoing development of the Your Career framework; working collaboratively with the business, you will identify learning needs and recommend the appropriate learning solutions (including induction) to ensure every Band 1-3 (non-leader) Colleague has the capability to do their role today and in the future.
- Manage the governance of the Apprenticeship approach for CII in Insurer Services ensuring maximum utilisation of apprenticeship levy and ROI.
- Work with the Leadership and Talent team to align on the HR Strategy including activities such as succession planning and talent identification within our Band 1-3 (non-leader) Colleagues.
- Maintain relevant and up to date market and regulatory knowledge, pre-empting how changes within these could be managed with L&D interventions.
- Work with Training Delivery and Learning Design teams to ensure the Technical Training plan is delivered in line with stakeholder's expectations.
- Contribute to and support the overall work of the Technical training team across the organisation. Including supporting early career development frameworks pan business and apprenticeship and graduate training schemes
In order to be considered for this role you will have:
- Proven track record of effective TNA and stakeholder management
Good presentation, facilitation, communication, interpersonal and assertiveness skills.
- Ability to engage, motivate and challenge groups and individuals
- Abilty to identify strengths and development areas through effective coaching / 1:1 skills
- Good time-management and organisational skills.
- Ability to operate flexibly and adapt to changing needs.
- Approachable and proactive individual.
- Strong consultancy skills
- Influencing and negotiation skills across all levels
- Strong feedback and coaching skills
- Relevant experience of delivering people and soft skills solutions across all levels in an organisation
- Maintained and developed knowledge of up-to-date and cutting edge learning solutions
- PC literate including Microsoft Office; Word, Power-point, Outlook, Excel.
- Understanding of the insurance market place
- Continued ownership of personal development
- Research external thinking to ensure best practice and up-to-date methodologies utilised
- Substantial knowledge of the motor claims environment including experience in settling Third Party liability claims (including personal injury)
- Understanding of the insurance market place and the UK legal claims handling framework.
CiTP or TAP accredited
NLP/MBTI / Insights desirable
CERT Cll or DIP Cll desirable
In return for your skills and experience, you will receive a competitive salary along with up to 10% annual bonus, up to 3% contributory pension, life assurance, along with Hastings Direct discounts and reward schemes.
If the above looks and sounds like you then please do not hesitate and apply today!