Accounts Assistant / Finance Assistant - Part Time
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Location: Dorking, Surrey (RH4)
Salary: Competitive (dependant on experience)
Job Type: Part Time, Permanent (15 hours per week - to be agreed)
This well-established manufacturer in Surrey are renowned experts in machining, bonding and finishing engineering grade plastics. They supply global, blue-chip customers in industries including life sciences, medical devices and industrial applications with solutions including fluidic manifolds and optical components.
Working with and supporting the Finance Director in managing the day-to-day running of the finance function within the company. Duties include;
- Validating and processing sales invoices
- Managing the purchase ledger from receipt of invoice to making payment to the supplier. Reconciling supplier statements at month end
- Payroll - preparing and processing the factory payroll to a strict deadline
- Trouble shooting any issues
- Managing debtors
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate that you have worked in an accounts department and are able to process invoices in accordance with our internal control procedures. Checking and verifying invoices is an important part of this function together with the coding to the nominal ledger.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for closing of the sales and purchase ledger each month
- A knowledge and understanding of VAT would also be advantageous however, training can be provided if there is a base level of VAT knowledge
- Payroll processing will comprise of registering overtime hours for employees, accounting for holidays in the month and various other processes to complete the payroll each month
- Other finance functions will also be required to be controlled by this post including but not limited to providing instructions for placing and coding purchase orders
- The company is implementing a new MRP system and therefore this post holder will need to demonstrate their computer skills especially using Excel and Word
Hours of work can be flexible to a limited extent however; this post does require cover for the finance director whilst he is away from the office.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Bookkeeper, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Clerk, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Finance Assistant, Finance Admin, Accounts Officer, Accounts Team Assistant, Accounts Co-ordinator, Accounts Clerk, AAT Qualified, AAT Part Qualified, Financial Assistant, Accounts Admin, Finance Admin, Bookkeeping, Credit Controller, Purchase Ledger Administrator, Purchase Ledger Assistant, Assistant Accountant, Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger may also be considered for the role
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960282937