Chef de Partie
Lingfield Park Resort has an exciting job opportunity for a driven Chef de Partie to join the Hotel Kitchen team as we prepare for a relaunch of the Hotel Restaurant and Bars.
We are a unique resort based over 450 acres and comprise of one of the UK’s busiest racecourses. Set beside the racecourse is the 4* Marriott franchise hotel with 116 luxurious rooms, where guests are able to stay in the hotel with magnificent views over the racecourse, golf course and surrounding countryside. Successful candidates can look forward to using Marriott international benefits including discounted hotel stays. They will also be able to enjoy using the relaxing Breathe Spa facilities and our PGA Championship 18-hole Golf Course.
The successful candidate will be proactive, accurate and highly motivated with a positive attitude towards work. The candidate should also possess kitchen and supervisory experience, preferably within a hotel setting. The main focus of this role will be to maintain and improve the standard of food preparation and service of the kitchen. They will also undertake training and coaching of junior staff and Commis Chefs. They will also supervise breakfast shift as and when required.
Key responsibilities for the role will include:
- To supervise and assist with the food preparation and mise-en-place required for the breakfast, lunch and dinner services.
- To assist in the ordering of food service materials and equipment to cope with the anticipated business.
- To maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene at all times in all parts of the kitchen and all machinery and equipment that is used
- To undertake any duties as directed, from time to time, by Junior Sous Chef or Sous Chef
- The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Previous kitchen experience, preferably in hotels
- Excellent food safety knowledge
- Flexibility with hours
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communicator
- Works well under pressure
- Customer service focused (internal and external)
- Organised, systematic and process driven
In return we will offer you:
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Marriott Hotel Discounts for you and your family
- Contributory pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across Arena Racing Company.
How to Apply:
Please send a full CV together with a covering letter detailing where you saw the position advertised and current salary to Holli Grayshan (HR and Recruitment Coordinator)