Women's Cricket Maker
Job Title: Women’s Cricket Maker
Reports to: Clubs Manager
Contract: Six-month fixed-term contract starting 1 April 2018
Hours of Work: 35 hrs per week (flexible working hours)
Remuneration: £10,000 plus reasonable associated travel expenses
Closing date: 3pm on Thursday 15 March 2018
Aim of the Role: To give 600+ unique women the opportunity to play Soft Ball Cricket this summer in a fun and social environment.
- Provide clubs with ‘on the ground’ support to help engage more women in cricket participation
- Be the face for Women’s Soft Ball Cricket across Sussex
- Deliver a series of cricket activation sessions within clubs and other organisations to enthuse and engage a new female audience to cricket
- Be part of the Women’s Soft Ball Cricket Festival team to deliver high-quality cricketing festival experiences
- Work with non-traditional partners to establish new markets for the women’s game
- Leverage the power of social media and the Kia Super League to increase interest and engagement around the events in the county
- Be innovative and creative exploring new opportunities for growth in non-traditional formats, by developing tailored programmes to inspire people to take part informally
- Complete appropriate monitoring and evaluation in line with funding requirements; including online monitoring platforms and finance return tools
- Working alongside regional and county colleagues in supporting the delivery of ongoing local plans for growth and sustainability of women’s cricket
Experience and Qualifications
This role requires:
- An understanding and experience of working within women’s sport
- A passion for cricket
- Experience of community engagement
- Innovation, Creativity and problem solving
- Tenacious and driven individual
- Leadership and influencing skills
- Capacity to learn and adapt
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective project management skills
- Child protection trained or, commitment to achieving this within a short timeframe
- First Aid trained or, a commitment to achieving this within a short period of time
- ECB DBS checked, or a commitment to achieving this within a short timeframe
- Ability to travel independently between sites (Full and valid UK driving licence)
- A cricket coaching qualification is preferred but not essential.
This job description only contains the principle accountabilities and main duties relating to this post and does not describe in detail all of the duties required to carry them out.
The post holder will be expected to work regular evenings and weekends and there is a need to be very flexible with when the hours for the role are to be completed.
To apply for the role:
Please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter detailing why you feel you are a suitable candidate for this vacancy.
Please send these by email to Recruitment@sussexcricket.co.uk by 3pm on Thursday 15th March 2018
Please note that late applications will not be accepted.
No agencies thank you.