Cell Technician - Welland Medical
Your unique talents and perspective can make a vital contribution to innovative products that enhance the lives of ostomates worldwide.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
Responsible for the performance and safety of all manufacturing equipment in line with company KPI’s. Under the direction of the Lead Engineer, the Cell Technician will provide the best engineering service to the manufacturing teams through:
- The accountability and responsibility for all aspects of machine performance
- Planning, completion and delivery of effective maintenance on all plant and facility equipment
- The ability to set and operate all equipment
- Active involvement within the Lean Teams
- Implementation and realisation of various lean initiatives as determined by the Lean Teams
- The availability of good quality tooling on every machine and process
- The availability of a machine spare for every machine and process
- Working safely at all times
- Effective communication on Engineering logs and shift handovers
It is regarded that the most effective form of machine support can only be delivered through a thorough understanding of the way in which equipment is operated, machine performance, the requirements and design of the products that are run on the machines.
This is a Graded role to support the continuous development of an individual with the ambition to make a significant difference and wanting to progress within the company.
- NVQ Level 3 (Minimum)
- 17th Edition Wiring Regulations
- Trained to at least a basic electrical engineering Level
- Worked within a production environment
- Worked on Process equipment either setting or fault finding
- Electrical maintenance
- Machine Performance criteria
- Health and Safety risk assessments
- Working knowledge of ISO13485
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Lean Manufacturing
- PUWER Regulations
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Team player
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Focused on improvement
- Disciplined (Working to procedures)
- Flexible approach
About Welland Medical
Welland Medical is an innovator in stoma care; specialising in the design, development and manufacture of stoma care appliances and accessories, using the highest quality materials.
Welland Medical was established in 1988 and is one of the leading ostomy brands in the UK and worldwide.
Working closely with healthcare professionals, patients and care organisations, Welland Medical brings to market innovative products that enhance the lives of ostomates throughout the world.
Visit the Welland Medical website
Our people are at the heart of who we are!
Our on-going commitment to the high quality training and development of all personnel is demonstrated through our achievement of the Investors in People Gold in September 2012 and then Champion Status in May 2013 (Reaccredited in 2015). We are one of only a few manufacturing companies in the South East of England to have achieved this status.
We offer graduate placements every year and encourage apprenticeships in every department.
Start your success story here...
Health benefit - Simply Health cashback scheme
23.25 days holiday a year increasing to 24.5 after a minimum of 5 years’ service
One annual volunteer day
Company pension scheme
Modern office and manufacturing facilities
On-site car park
Closing date: 28th February 2018