To support students' personal behaviour, development & welfare. Promote & support college student involvement activities.
Salary: £13,169 - £13,652 pa (based on FTE £18,930 - £19,676)
Contract Details: 30 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Start Date: As soon as possible
There is the requirement for the successful candidate to work 5 days per week.
New College are a very successful and expanding Further Education College that puts the interests of our students at the heart of everything we do. We are one of the UK's best performing colleges and it is our excellent staff that have enabled us to achieve and maintain this. We are truly an employer of choice, and this remains one of our top priorities.
We offer everyone who works at the College excellent conditions of employment, including generous holidays and competitive salaries with attractive pension schemes.
1. Lead and oversee the College's Enrichment programme - engaging students in the development of the offer to meet their needs
2. Work with the Quality Team to pro-actively champion the Student Voice within the Student Involvement Strategy
3. Organise and co-ordinate Theme and Charity Events which link to the Ofsted graded judgement of personal development, behaviour and welfare and the development of Employability Skills
4. Support Schools Liaison and Marketing activities
5. Promote positive links with local community groups and service providers to young people
6. Ensure college managers are kept up to date with national and college student priorities
7. Involvement in and commitment to other Student Services related tasks.
It is essential that you hold Level 3 qualifications at Grade A to C in at least 5 subjects. A qualification in Youth Work, Event Management or related discipline would be beneficial.
The successful candidate must have a minimum of a Level 2 Qualification in English, Maths and ICT. If you do not hold a Level 2 Qualification in ICT, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Microsoft qualification within the first 12 months of their employment. If the qualification held is more than 10 years old, we will require to you undertake a relevant refresher qualification.
For further information, please refer to the job description.
Please note an enhanced DBS will be required for this role. The successful candidate is required to meet the payment of this DBS check which is currently £44.
On appointment, you will be placed at the salary point aligned to a number of factors which include, but are not limited to, qualifications, previous relevant experience, current salary and market forces.
Closing Date: 18th March 2018
Interview Date: 28th March 2018