Finance Assistant - Vendor/Supplier Management
What is the purpose of this role?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Group Finance team, based in our Head Office in Oxford. As part of the central finance team your role will be to assist in all aspects of the administration, verification and processing of supplier payments which will include responding to supplier queries, conducting investigations and problem resolution,
What will this role involve?
- Reconciliation of supplier statements
- Create payment proposals and posting vendor payments
- Resolution of invoice and vendor queries
- Ensure accurate and timely cost allocation within relevant profit centres
- Preparation of accruals and prepayments
- Reconciliation of inter-company transactions
- Assist with cash flow forecasting
- Resolution of queries from Accounts Receivable and accounts payable functions
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience in a service driven environment, where you have been required to respond to queries and resolve problems
- Strong IT literacy, with particular strength using Excel to an intermediate level
- Knowledge of finance systems (SAP) would be an advantage but not essential
- Ability to take ownership of a task and see it through to completion
- Organised and deadline driven
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Team player
- Thrives working in a fast paced, busy environment