Do you have a strong desire for assisting in the process of caring for the lives of others? An excellent entry-level care opportunity has become available in the Somerset region for someone who has little or no care experience to become a qualified Care Assistant within the autism spectrum and become part of the UK's leading charity for autistic people. This opportunity allows successful applicants to work towards a highly recognisable NVQ care qualification whilst receiving a fantastic rate of pay and company benefits package in return.
Your role as a Care Assistant will be challenging yet extremely rewarding. You will benefit from developing strong relationships with service users suffering from an Autistic Spectrum Disorder by helping them to achieve positive and meaningful outcomes in line with their person-centred care plans whilst doing this as part of a supportive team in a lively and dynamic environment.
- Looking after vulnerable adults with complex needs. * Promoting independence. * Providing personal care. * Working alongside nurses.
- Contribute to the support, care and well-being of service users (in line with CQC)
- Promote and take part in social leisure life skills, holidays and other activities with service users.
- To be willing to take on key worker responsibilities maintaining all relevant and appropriate records.
- Support services users in developing independent living skills in line with their care plans.
- Full-time & Part-time positions.
- Day or night shifts available.
- Option for overtime (£9.30ph).
- Work towards NVQ qualification - (Fully funded).
- Excellent induction, training and development programme
- Autism specific reflective practice profession support
- Behavioural support training
- 24 hour access to online training
- Flexible shifts - weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Online staff discount scheme for a range of benefits
- Access to a 24 hour Employee Assistance counselling programme
- Pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave (Plus bank holidays).
- Career progression opportunities
If you'd be interested in pursuing a career as a Support Worker and would like to discuss the role further, please feel free to contact Liz Harris on 0151 556 2090 / 07387104978. Alternatively, you can apply with your CV to and I will give you a call.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80415016