Senior Carer/Team Leader - Days
Up to 44 hours per week - Shift pattern: full or part time, will include alternate weekends
£8.30 - £9.30 per hour, depending upon experience
Our Avalon Court Care Homelocated in Coventry is currently seeking dedicated, empathetic, motivational and caring team players to join us as Senior Carer/Team Leader. Avalon Court delivers compassionate residential, dementia and respite care in a high quality environment.
As Senior Carer/Team Leader you will ensure continuity of care to residents by promoting and delivering high standards of care, individually and safely, and supporting, demonstrating and instructing less experienced staff to enable them to fully contribute to the care team.
To join us as Senior Carer/Team Leader, it is equally important that you can demonstrate the right behaviours and attitude for working in an adult social care environment. A full induction programme will be provided, alongside formal training opportunities.
The key responsibilities of our Senior Carer/Team Leader include:
- Provide person centred care and personal care to residents in all aspects of their daily living.
- Responsible for the ordering, administration and auditing of prescribed medication to residents.
- Supporting residents at meal times, in accordance with their individual needs.
- Ensure all areas are kept tidy, pleasant and comfortable, including Bedrooms and Communal Areas.
- Contribute fully to team working, responding positively to colleagues and undertaking all reasonable work instructions promptly.
- Providing support to colleagues, through leadership by example, mentoring and coaching, acting as a positive role model, enabling the care team to deliver high standards.
- Actively participating in the person centred care planning process, by implementing, continuously developing, evaluating and reviewing plans through routine assessment or the changing needs of individual residents. Communication of changes to the wider team and management.
- Contribute fully to team working, responding positively to colleagues and acting upon all reasonable work instructions promptly. Communicating effectively to the wider team, including multi-disciplinary teams, handovers, team meetings, actively contributing to ensure the well-being of all residents.
- Take reasonable care of equipment used to carry out tasks, including general cleanliness and advising on any faults or the need for maintenance or replacement.
- Practice safe systems of work across the range of tasks and in particular moving and handling of loads, by assessing risk and having due regard for personal safety and the safety of residents, visitors and staff.
- Understand personal responsibilities with regard to Health and Safety at Work legislation, particularly in relation to moving and handling of residents and fire safety and evacuation procedures.
- Take an active interest in your personal and professional development by, contributing to supervision and appraisal meetings, attending team meetings and training.
- Contribute to the personal and professional development of colleagues by, undertaking supervision and appraisal meetings, attending team meetings and identification of training needs.
- Develop positive professional relationships with residents, visitors and colleagues.
- Adhere to all company and local policies/procedures.
When joining Avery Healthcare, we will offer you:
- 5.6 weeks annual holiday per annum (including public holidays), pro rata
- Career development pathways and formal training opportunities
- Free uniform
Avery Healthcare is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. This post will require an Enhanced DBS Disclosure the cost of which is met by Avery Healthcare.
Avery Healthcare is an award winning national care home provider, committed to delivering the highest standards of person centred care.We are always seeking high quality people to join our enthusiastic and dedicated teams across the UK.The design of our homes and our carefully selected staff when combined with our diligent approach to care enables us to provide our residents with an enriching life and the opportunity to flourish.
Proof of eligibility to work in the UK is essential.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80417940