Aspire to HE – Project Manager - Walsall College
An exciting opportunity to project manage Walsall College’s events and activities for the Aspire to HE project, part of the HEFCE-funded National Collaborative Outreach Programme (NCOP).
NCOP aims to increase the number of young people from disadvantaged backgrounds in higher education by 2020. Inspiring and addressing any unfounded pre-conceptions that university is ‘not for them’ is crucial to this goal.
You will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of an activity plan on time, to budget, and make a significant positive impact in ensuring the informed, ambitious decision making of targeted young people.
Demonstrable skills and experience in project management and planning, aligned with the ability to provide support and hold service providers to account are essential to this role. You will work closely with key staff in faculties of the University of Wolverhampton and a number of external organisations to oversee delivery of significant and high quality.
For full specification requirements please refer to the job description.
In return, we offer;
- Competitive salaries.
- Enrolment into the West Midlands Pension Fund with generous employer contributions.
- Up to 29 days annual leave with generous additional closure days.
- Outstanding staff training and team building programme.
- ZEST is the College’s Health & Wellbeing initiative for our staff.
- Staff incentive schemes including Cycle to Work scheme and ‘Best of Walsall’ discounts.
- Simply Health care scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Reward and recognition scheme.
- Two state of the art campuses with the latest industry facilities, including our Graduate Salon of Hair and Beauty and on site Little Professors’ Nursery.
- Access to ‘The Hub’ offering a Gym, Spa & Sports Clinic and The Littleton Restaurant.
We are passionate about promoting equality of opportunity and creating a working environment where diversity is recognised and celebrated and everyone has the chance to reach their full potential. Our environment is diverse in character and student population. We particularly welcome applications from candidates from Black Minority Ethnic origin and those with a disability.
Walsall College is committed to safeguarding our children and young people/vulnerable adults. We uphold fundamental British Values and expect all our employees to do the same. All appointments are subject to safer recruitment checks, including previous employment checks and an Enhanced DBS Check.