We have a number of new exciting opportunities at Suffolk County Council for driven individuals to become a Support Worker joining our Home First Service. We have various full time and part time positions available at a competitive rate of £8.75 per hour!
We are an in-house care agency who work on behalf of Suffolk County Council. Home First assist people to regain and maintain their independence, allowing them to remain living independently in their own homes for longer.
About the Support Worker role
As our Support Worker you will be supporting people in their own home; either enabling them to regain their independence on a short-term basis or assisting people who require longer-term care.
Vacancies available across all of Suffolk covering:
- North (Lowestoft)
- East (Coastal)
- Central (Mid)
- Ipswich / South
As our Support Worker we can offer you:
- Guaranteed hours at either full or part time
- Excellent rates of pay including enhanced rates for bank holiday
- Free induction training
- Free uniform and DBS (CRB) check
- Free training including, Care Certificate and Level 2 Health and Social Care qualification
- Paid mileage (45p) and paid travel time
- Refer a friend bonus (T&Cs apply)
- Mobile phone
- Wide range of benefits including local authority pension, childcare vouchers, high street discounts and car lease scheme (T&C's apply).
The Support Worker Working Hours:
There are guaranteed hours of up to 32 hpw, plus the possibility to work additional hours. For part time hours, your availability for work will be within a maximum of three shifts on scheduled days of work. Shifts are:
- 7am - 11am
- 11am - 3pm
- 3pm - 7pm
- 7pm - 11pm
For evening and / or weekend working only, there is:
- 8 or 9 day fortnight available
- 2 or 3 days per week including alternative weekends.
You should have the ability to travel frequently in rural areas, so you must hold a full valid driving licence and have access to personal transport.
Closing Date: Saturday 31st March 2018 @ 11.30pm
Reference Number SCC02205
So if you would like to join our team as a new Support Worker or find out more information, then please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80420397