Senior Negotiator- Insight - Claims Fraud
Are you passionate about problem solving? Are you looking to be a part of an ambitious, rewarding and vibrant working environment? Then look no further!
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider to the UK market, with over 2.7 million customers and employing over 3000 colleagues at sites in Bexhill and Leicester. We have built our business by championing the customer by providing refreshingly straightforward service and products and offer car, motorcycle, van and home insurance directly to the public.
Here at Hastings Direct, we are currently recruiting for a Senior Negotiator to join our headquarters in Bexhill, East Sussex. As a Senior Negotiator you will work within Claims Fraud to process new and existing claims and suspected fraudulent claims matters through specialist investigation and negotiation with all interested parties in order to validate the claim.
The main responsibilities of the role will be:
- Communicating via telephone (incoming and outbound calls) and written correspondence with policyholder, keeping them updated of all material developments, witnesses, engineers, insurers, solicitors, engineers, third party representatives, medical experts, forensic accountants, rehabilitation providers, case managers, overseas handling agents, investigators, medical agencies, costs draughtsmen, CRU, Counsel, police authorities and third parties in order to bring about resolution of claims.
- To ensure each claim is dealt with in line with company/departmental procedure/philosophy and within service standards through to settlement stage in line with personal authorities.
- Claims data input work as required using IS2000, Nexus, Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
- Interface with relevant departments within the company.
- Comply with the MOJ, CPR and Pre-Action Protocol when handling personal injury cases in England and Wales.
- Investigating liability where required, by telephone enquiries, accident report forms, instructing accident investigators, applying for police reports or any other necessary investigations.
- Registering claim with CRU, maintaining up to date Certificates, notifying of settlement, querying any inaccurate benefits and paying any amounts due.
- Instructing and liaising with appointed medical agencies on both represented and unrepresented injury claims.
In order to be considered for this role you will have:
- Enthusiastic and committed to operational success.
- Proven knowledge of third party claims handling
- Proven knowledge of insurance industry.
- Experience with Fraud.
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements and company principles.
In return for your skills and experience, you will receive a competitive salary along with up to 5% annual bonus, up to 3% contributory pension, life assurance, along with Hastings Direct discounts and reward schemes, with the opportunity to progress and develop.