Business Administration Apprenticeship, Level 2
The key tasks will include:
- Dealing with patients under varying circumstances
- Answer the telephone and deal with calls appropriately
- Arrange prescriptions via the computer
- Deal with enquiries – internal and external
- Open and distribute post
- Handle specimens and forms, ensuring the correct recording and storage
- Ensure the smooth running of the Doctor’s surgery
- Arrange for admissions/domiciliary visits on behalf of the doctor when directed
- Arrange transport for patients attending hospital, etc., when directed
- Deal with enquiries from hospital Doctors/Consultants/Nurses and Secretaries
- Telephone patients on recall systems
- To operate the scanning machine for filing correspondence
- Photocopying medical records for solicitors, etc.
The essential skills for the role include:
- Good IT skills
- An interest in customer relations
- Being able to work efficiently as part of a team
The essential personal qualities for the role include:
- Polite, presentable and punctual.
- Able to remain calm even when things get busy.
- Enjoy working as part of a team.
- Ability to know when to refer to more experienced colleagues.
- Prepared to learn and gain experience.
- A passion to work with the general public in a health care environment.
It is essential have GCSE Maths and English at grades A*-C, or equivalent.
There could potentially be a job that you could apply for at the end of the apprenticeship.