Marketing & Sales Manager
For the full job description and how to apply, please visit our website: http://www.dv8sussex.com/jobs/
Contract: Full time, permanent
Closing Date: Tuesday 13th March
Interview Date: Friday 16th March
To Start: April 2018
Dv8 Sussex is the place for young people aged 16-24 who want to get ahead in creative industries. As an independent training provider we offer free courses in Fashion & Design, Music Production & Performance, Event Management, Games Development, Media Production, Digital Magazine Project and Paid Internship Programme, combining accredited skills training with employability, work experience and mentoring as well as Maths and English support where required. Through our innovative and inspiring programmes, Dv8 Sussex empowers young people to make informed choices about their future by combining learning the skills to get them ahead with industry led opportunities and experience.
The opportunity has arisen for an experienced Marketing and Sales Manager to join our management team, leading on the development and delivery of the marketing, recruitment and sales strategies, driving the company forward.
As Dv8 grows new areas of business this post will be integral in ensuring that a clear sales and marketing plan is implemented to ensure learner recruitment, sales, commercial business development and financial targets are realised.
The Marketing and Sales Manager will lead an experienced, hardworking and supportive Marketing and Recruitment team who are passionate about improving our strategies and processes. Dv8 Sussex has the foundations to become the leading provider of creative education in the region and we are looking for someone to help us grow and realise this goal.
Marketing Strategy and Team Leadership
- Working closely with the senior management team to continue to develop the Marketing and Sales strategy aligned to business goals, positioning us as the aspirational college for any young person wishing to gain a creative education and start a career in the Creative Industries
- Overseeing Dv8’s digital strategy and presence across a multitude of channels, cultivating online community, leading on development of the Dv8 website, online brand presence, and SEO.
- Working with the Managing Director and Director of Marketing & Communications to launch and promote new projects and products, developing Dv8’s commercial training potential and other revenue sources
- Managing the marketing spend and working with the Finance Manager to develop and maintain budgets
- Managing the marketing team consisting of Marketing & Recruitment Assistant including; running quarterly supervisions; weekly team meetings; evaluation of the team, identifying career development and training opportunities to create the most successful unit possible
- Produce monthly reports on key analytics on digital marketing as well as overall impact of marketing activities on applications and learner recruitment.
Press, PR and Print
- Developing fruitful relationships with key press contacts to ensure positive and regular editorial coverage of Dv8, student achievements and events
- Leading on print marketing, distribution and advertising strategies including yearly prospectus production
- To continue to develop brand guidelines for Dv8 to inform all future strategies
Learner Recruitment and Sales
- Work closely with the Recruitment & Communications Manager and Delivery & Performance Manager to ensure effective learner recruitment strategies that have been put in place meet learner and organisational needs. Ensure that profiled targets for new starts on Study Programmes are met
- Lead on key relationships with schools, positioning Dv8 at the forefront of all year 11 student choices when looking for a creative education post 16
- Identifying and attend key academic and career events across East and West Sussex positioning Dv8 as a leading education brand in a competitive market place.
Nurturing relationships already in place with employers for Paid Internship and Work Experience programmes and developing new links
- At least 5 years’ experience of marketing and sales management
- A demonstrable history of leading a team to meet sales targets
- High level of proficiency across all major digital marketing platforms
- A passion for driving improvements, attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to work across a number of key projects
- Be target driven and possessing the can-do mentality that will see you thrive in an environment where we’re constantly seeking to break new ground and identify new opportunities
- Be proficient in the use of CRM systems to manage and drive the sales process
- Possess Excellent literacy and communication skills
- Possess Excellent team leadership and motivational skills
- Possess Excellent IT skills
- Full Driving licence and car owner
- Possess creative skills to support marketing content creation
- Have experience of working within the digital media sector
- Have experience of working within the education sector