Deputy Director for Cyber Security
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the Government’s policy agenda ondata and cyber security, taking forward a significant programme of work to ensure that health and social care organisations proactively mitigate thethreat relating to data and cyber security and measurably improve overall resilience.
As Deputy Director for cyber Security, you will have leadership and responsibility for overseeing the £200m programme to improve data and cyber security resilience, and adjusting the focus as new risks emerge. You will work across Her Majesty's Government to ensure the development of credible and effective government policy and assure effective programme delivery of a cyber security programme across Arms Length Bodies (ALBs).
The role will require significant personal judgement to manage significant cyber incidents effectively, prioritise and adjust focus based on emerging threats, local intelligence and ongoing live incidents; as well as in working with Ministers and Arms Length Bodies (ALBs).
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the programme is successful in delivering the 10 Data Security Standards;
- Working with ALB’s to deliver a cross system implementation plan including delivery of agreed Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Review recommendations and;
- Developing and agreeing across the system a strategic plan for 2018-21 to utilise additional funding secured.
The successful candidate must:
- Have excellent commercial and financial insight, with proven ability to seek out efficiency and value for money
- Have good knowledge and understanding of HM Government coupled with an ability to confidently navigate Whitehall, capable of drawing upon and establishing networks and;
- Have an understanding or experience of programme management principles and ability to effectively drive delivery;
For the full job description and person specification please see the attached Information Pack