General Manager & Revolutionary
The General Manager’s role is to manage all aspects of the Lewes FC Women’s club.
You will be responsible for Lewes FC Women’s team’s personnel; budgets; commercial development, and professional day-to-day management.
We would also expect you to manage relationships and services provided to the club by key partners e.g. men’s football clubs/education partners. The direct reports of this role include: Club Secretaries and/or Match Promotion Officers, safeguarding officers.
The efficient and friendly day-to-day operations of the football club and its associated amenities. Supporting the directors, teams and volunteers. You should also be comfortable dealing with media enquiries, interviews and conference speaking, as required.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- To act as The FA’s primary contact for all league business and meetings, in particular: commercial, finance, broadcast, facility and fixture related issues.
- Development of relationships with key funding partners to ensure club sustainability: working with other members of the club senior management team and directors to achieve this against the club business/partnership plan from 2018 – 2022.
- Attendance at all FA League meetings.
- Attendance at all Women’s matches
- Responsibility for fixture planning and subsequent management (through club secretary if relevant) to deliver against club’s plan for fixtures and events, marketing, match-day promotion.
- Management of all staff relationships to ensure effective recruitment, day-to-day management and delivery of all work plans to agreed targets, in particular marketing/match day promotion and attendance targets.
- Supporting the coaching/senior management team on player recruitment, contracting, registration and associated salary management (through club secretary if relevant).
- Day-to-day club budget management.
- Management of relationship with Lewes Community Football Club, particularly regarding pitch usage and maintenance plan.
- Responsibility for meeting club licence requirements, and to ensure club adhere to The FA regulations and league rules.
- Writing and delivering annual club partnership plans meeting FA Licence criteria
- Reporting against Club Partnership Fund (as required by the FA) and presenting evidence required to release funding: meeting budget/match funding requirement, and annual reporting, through club accountant and finance office.
- To develop and deliver a strategy and vision for Women’s Football at the club
- To provide reports as requested to the club and The FA
- Ensuring the Club adheres to The FA standards for safeguarding children
- Maintain positive relations with key England International staff (Head Coach/Director of Elite Development/relevant age group coaches, Performance Support Staff)
Essential: Enhanced CRB Check required
Key skills and experience required
- Experience in a general business/management role (ideally within a sports club/ development environment, but not essential)
- Experience of writing and delivering strategy
- Experience of commercial/business management, (ideally within a semi-professional sports related environment)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build meaningful, strong strategic relationships with club staff
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop effective working relationships with people both inside and outside the club
- Self starter with ability to manage their own workload
- Aware of diversity and equality challenges in football
- Empathy and commitment to the long term development of the game
- Track record of consistent high performance in a professional environment
- Strong IT and project management skills
- Full driving license required
- Ability to work flexibly, including weekends and independent travel
- Passion to develop the female game