HR Conference Producer
We are looking for someone to help us organise conferences aimed at HR professionals.
The job involves researching topic areas (such as Apprenticeships, Talent Management, Stress Management, Employee Wellbeing) and identifying hot issues. Then identifying experts and HR professionals who can speak on these topics. You will then liaise with them to nail down their exact session content and work with our marketing team to produce website content to promote the event. Finally, you will attend the event to manage speakers and ensure it runs smoothly on the day.
Ideally you will have:
- Event speaker and topic research experience
- An interest in business - especially HR (actual HR experience is a plus)
- Creativity - the ability to imagine the 'story' the event will tell over the conference day
- Analytical and research skills - you will need to distill key topic areas from a range of sources including web research and telephone interviews
- Persuasive and friendly people skills - managing speakers and securing their agreement to speak at our events
- Organisation - we need to recruit 10-15 speakers per event and co-ordinate with them to bring everything together for a successful event, eg getting biographies, session titles and bullet points, pics. etc.
- Ability to be decisive and work fast - we expect to produce a conference in a six week timeframe.
We are open to discussion about remuneration. For example, we could pay a freelancer a fee per event on a project basis or alternatively employ someone permanently (full or part time) with a target for the number of events produced per year.