Search Marketing Manager
- Full Time
We are looking for an ambitious, self-starting Search Marketing Manager to join our fast-paced Trading Marketing team in Norwich, who are responsible for all aspects of paid media acquisition across online and offline channels. This role will provide Paid Search Marketing expertise to shape trading and delivery plans, driving testing innovation and effectiveness.
As our Paid Search Manager, you will be part of a wider agile marketing delivery team who manage all D2C new business acquisition and cross sell via CRM, Social, Display, Affiliates and PPC. The role includes management of key relationships with Google and Microsoft, leveraging these to maximise Aviva's strategic paid Search deliveries.
The successful applicant will be managing a multimillion-pound Search budget and will be expected to c ollaborate with other marketing teams, as well as managing senior stakeholders to deliver performance against plans. You will also hold a key influencing and management position in terms of our relationship with the media agency, ensuring they are sufficiently engaged, motivated and challenged.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Paid Search strategy planning, development and activation with the support of the search team
- Working closely with media agencies to maximise technology and automation and managing the Google relationship to drive growth
- Optimisation and multimillion budget management of Paid Search campaigns to ensure maximum sales volume vs efficiency
- Campaign performance reporting and insight communication to senior stakeholders
- Agency management and collaboration to ensure the resource is used against right priorities and actions
- People management - to take a leadership role in the overall team as well as the wider marketing team
- Heavy focus on exploiting technology to drive demonstrable commercial return
- Significant collaboration with all marketing teams, senior Aviva stakeholders, data science teams, digital platform teams and other customer-focused business areas
Skills & Experience Required
- Strong Paid Search related experience with demonstrable experience in creating and driving growth strategies
- Experience planning, managing, and activating large-scale brand and direct response campaigns
- Advanced knowledge of Google AdWords, Bing for Advertisers
- Advanced knowledge of SA360 and analytics platforms (GA, Adobe etc)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Advanced knowledge of Search attribution models and understanding of the industry measurement challenges
- Strong leadership, communication skills and ability to engage with agencies and senior stakeholders
- Experience in planning, managing and activating multichannel campaigns (Organic Search, Facebook, YouTube)
- Good knowledge of broader digital spectrum, specifically including social, programmatic and direct display buying
What will you get for this role?
- Salary of £40,000 - £45,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Danielle Stallard-Trueman a call on +44 (0) 7384 804694 or send an email to email@example.com .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.