Customer Claims Expert
- Full Time
Are you looking for a challenge in a unique, service centre environment where the customer is key and we measure ourselves against our values, not targets?
Can you help guide our customers at a time they need us and find out their real need in order to help us deliver a personable, customer experience?
Here at Aviva, we provide a variety of insurance products for our customers and our office is bursting with opportunities for the right, like-minded person. Unfortunately, life is full of unexpected twists and turns which may lead to our customers making a claim on their policy.
When they do, we have a team of friendly, supportive and knowledgeable customer service professionals that assist them during that process to make it as simple and as stress-free as possible. Our Customer Claims Experts are frontline, speaking with policy holders daily. They are brand ambassadors, customer service experts and are integral and invaluable to Aviva as a business.
As a Customer Claims Expert, you will join our team responsible for inbound calls regarding Private Medical Insurance claims.
Please click on the video link for an insight on how we help our customers at their times of need: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_2i40bgz9g&t=4s
We provide phone-based support to our customers between 08:00 - 18:30 Monday - Friday, which means we work a mix of shifts - for example 08:00 - 15:30 or 09:30 - 17:00 as part of a 35-hour working week. Please note - 18:30 finishes are subject to change and could be extended to 20:00. There will be one Saturday shift every 7 weeks and the hours of work are 09:00 - 13:00 (subject to change).
Due to the current situation, we are currently working in a flexible manner which is a mix of home and office working.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Answering inbound calls from policy holders, talking and listening calmly to understand their needs
- Asking the customer questions to obtain relevant information that will assist you in processing their insurance claim
- Taking full ownership for your customer to get the right outcome for them on that first call whenever possible
Skills & Experience Required
- Previous experience in a customer service-related role
- Knowledge of insurance products / financial services would be great, but more importantly you will be willing to learn and will be customer focused
- The ability to communicate and engage with our customers on the phone and thrive working as part of a large, friendly team
- The ability to be empathetic towards our customers, supporting them through a difficult period whilst making their claim journey easy for them and building their loyalty
- Be a good fact finder - you will ask the right questions at the right time to get the customer's claim processed in the most effective way
- Be meticulous and detail orientated - checking facts and asking questions will enable you to weigh up information and make accurate decisions about the claim
- Basic IT skills and excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
What will you get for this role?
- Starting salary of £18,000 - £22,000 depending on skills and experience
- 25 holiday days plus bank holidays so you can take some well-earned down time (and if that's not enough, you can also buy up to 5 extra holiday days - or sell 5, if you'd prefer to boost your income)
- We have a self-led learning culture, so you'll have lots of scope to broaden your horizons
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Our step pay progression allows you to develop in the role at your pace, moving up the pay scales with experience, eventually excelling in the role to become one of our experts in department. Beyond this there are numerous opportunities within our business for people with the right skills, behaviours and attitude to continue to progress their career and aspirations
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Danielle Stallard-Trueman a call on 0121 234 7614 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.