Field Trading Consultant
- Full Time
Aviva UK are now looking to hire a Field Trading Consultant to join our award-winning sales team. This is a home and field-based role, but key engagements will be in the Croydon and Greater London areas.
Life is full of unexpected twists and turns, but for every situation, Aviva is on hand to make things simple and keep customers protected. Our consultative approach to winning & retaining customers is down to our highly motivated sales professionals they are passionate about delivering the best possible outcomes for customers within a fully compliant risk & governance environment, and we hope you are too.
This is an autonomous role focused around new business enabled by our established relationships and reputation. We think it's a great time to join this team as it ambitiously grows into 2021.
The role's duties & responsibilities:
- Delivering cost effective, scalable distribution for Individual Private Medical Insurance, Small Group Private Medical Insurance and other appropriate products
- Supporting Regional Sales Managers by implementing strategic business plans to meet business objectives and contributing to product development
- Contributing to the Intermediary Sales distribution plan by improving contact strategy through multi-contact, face to face business development/account management and producing/analysing monthly MI to effectively performance manage intermediaries
- Strong customer focus - putting yourself in our customers shoes, ultimately pushing the boundaries of what can be achieved
Skills & experiences required:
- Account management experience along with significant and sharp business development ability; background of success in a target led environment
- Confident and eloquent presenting
- An analytical mind-set and skilled in Excel-based analysis would be great to see
- Would be great to see experience with consultative negotiating and influencing in Private Medical sales
- A deep understanding of the risk & governance regulations
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Company car provided with mileage cover
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniel Hopchet a call on 0121 234 7625 or send an email to Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.