Administrative Assistant – Legal Group & Digital
- Full Time
Are you looking for an exciting new challenge in an Administrative Assistant role where you will be working with a close-knit team?
Well our busy St Helens office in London is expanding and they are now looking for a pro-active Administrative Assistant that has a get up and go mindset with an ambitious attitude to work. Your role will be to support the Corporate & Reinsurance and Digital & Data Privacy legal teams on a full-time, permanent basis.
You will also be expected to play an active part within the Legal Support Professionals Network and in supporting broader functional and business actions from time to time.
Duties & Responsibilities
As an Administrative Assistant, your role will be to ensure the efficient running of the offices and teams by doing the following:
- Scanning and photocopying documents, agreements and other paperwork for team members as required
- Ensuring timely payment of invoices using the relevant Aviva payment systems or via cheque requests, as applicable
- Creation and management of Purchase Orders via Kiosk (or any replacement system) as directed by team members from time to time
- Booking travel and accommodation arrangements using corporate systems, ensuring within policy guidelines, where required
- Meeting support - include and communication, meeting notes as required, arranging catering, IT support set-up & testing
- Attending relevant Team meetings when appropriate to understand the business priorities to help support the teams
As well as maintaining the confidentiality of our customers by working to current GDPR guidelines
Skills and Experience required
To be considered for this Administrative Assistant role, we are looking for someone that has experience of working in an office/corporate environment ideally in an administrative/PA role and has the following skills:
- C omputer literate with a good knowledge of standard MS Office software e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, OneNotes
- Good general education, minimum A-level or equivalent
- High standard of accuracy and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills and telephone manner
- Planning, prioritisation, time management and organisation
- Networking skills
- Desire to learn and develop
What will you get for this role?
- Salary of £25,000 - £30,000 depending on skills, experience, and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Dylan Wood a call on
07385 426164 or send an email Dylan.wood@Aviva.com .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.