Senior Category Manager
- Full Time
We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Senior Category Manager to join our Group IT Procurement Team within Aviva.
In Aviva's Global, Group Procurement function we are responsible for managing the company's indirect Third Party spend. Through deep understanding of suppliers and markets, we work with the business to help shape their requirements and ensure fit-for-purpose products and services are sourced under an appropriate contract, on the best possible terms, whilst driving maximum value.
We also provide a framework to help the business manage their active suppliers to enable them to maximise performance and manage operational risk. As a function we are responsible for ensuring our new sourcing and existing supplier agreements support the Aviva Strategy, especially in the areas of IT and Architecture. The Procurement function serves all Business Units and Markets on a global scale driving opportunity for commercial optimisation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Combine market intelligence with a deep understanding of existing supplier arrangements and business requirements to plan and implement sourcing and supply chain strategies.
- Work closely with business colleagues to create fit-for-purpose contracts and supply relationships.
- Manage contracts for value and performance, locking in business benefits.
- Manage supply chains to deliver service in line with operational business requirements.
- Drive further value through managing and developing supply relationships.
- Manage complex commercial and contractual disputes, breaches and exit.
Skills & Experience required:
- Strong commercial and stakeholder management skills and proven track record of building strong internal business relationships at all levels.
- Significant experience and a proven track record of delivering Commercial, SRM, or Category Management within a demanding, fast evolving environment.
- Experience leading and managing complex sourcing processes.
- Experience developing and negotiating complex agreements.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- CIPS qualification desirable.
- Knowledge of IT Procurement desirable.
What will you get for this role?
- Salary of £55,000 - £65,000 depending on skills, experience, and qualifications.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply).
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Alice Neal a call on 0121 200 5926 or send an email to email@example.com .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.