Head of BPA & Reinsurance Operations
- Full Time
Aviva UK are now hiring a Head of Bulk Purchase Annuities (BPA) and Reinsurance Operations in our Defined Benefit Solutions (DBS) team. This key, senior position will lead the in-house BPA Administration and BPA Reinsurance Administration teams. They will lead the on-boarding and administration of our growing book and help develop and embed new processes and controls to deliver this in an efficient, risk-controlled manner.
The role will also entail leading the Reinsurance Administration team in the on-boarding and on-going administration of our reinsurance arrangements, developing a Centre of Excellence for reinsurance administration within Aviva.
Here at Aviva, DBS plays a key role in providing DB pension schemes with de-risking solutions to meet the needs of pension scheme sponsors, trustees and members. Our team is responsible for servicing all demands associated with these long-term insurance contracts.
We feel this multifaceted and technical role represents an exciting opportunity to influence the strategic direction of a business Aviva is passionate about, with a prospect to make bold new moves backed by the support and resources of the UK's largest insurer.
Aviva introduced "smart-working" in 2020, and the person in this role can be based anywhere in the UK, as long as they are comfortable regularly travelling to our London and Norwich headquarters.
The role's duties & responsibilities:
- People leadership (a team of c. 75 with c. 8-10 direct reports) and budget ownership
- Supervising all aspects of Reinsurance Operations and BPA Operations
- Determining and delivering against proposition enhancement and change/transformation budgets
- Leading on transformation and change activity for Operations, including new administration platforms and modelling solutions
- Interactions with a number of external business partners including corporate clients, Employer Benefits Consultants, and other key third parties
Skills & experiences required:
- Proven track record of leadership skills and delivery in a senior BPA operations environment
- Qualified actuary
- Background of professional judgement required to deliver ongoing development and enhancement of operations systems and processes
- Experience with development and implementation of new operational reinsurance methodologies
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of DB pensions and actuarial calculations, reinsurance administration requirements & processes, DB de-risking and reinsurance markets
- Experience with transformation/change leadership in large organisations
- Good knowledge of the FCA/PRA and other relevant regulation and legislation
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniel Hopchet a call on 0121 234 7625 or send an email to Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.