Professional Indemnity Underwriter
- Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our London office to join a growing and dynamic underwriting team. We are actively recruiting for a Professional Indemnity (PI) Underwriter in our Global Corporate Speciality (GCS) business.
In this role, the key responsibilities are as follows:
- Supporting the execution of our UK PI Strategy by delivering underwriting support to the London PI team
- Underwriting profitable new and renewal business within a specific area, operating within agreed guidelines and authority levels in line with team and GCS targets
- Maintaining and supporting long- term relationships with brokers and internal business partners
- Assisting our team with rating, processing and tracking policies as the need arises, and supporting Senior Underwriters in risk analysis and compliance
Skills, knowledge & experience we would like to see:
- Recent/established underwriting knowledge within PI across various professions
- Experience of applying underwriting knowledge to optimally support processes/procedures
- Background of being responsible for own underwriting caseload within a regulatory environment, following due process and within set authority limits
- Strong attention to detail and ability to interpret data
- Excellent business development/customer engagement skills and market awareness
- Track record of thriving in a multifaceted environment and using strong organisational skills to ensure time is managed effectively
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniel Hopchet a call on 0121 234 7625 or send an email to Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role