- Full Time
We are currently recruiting for a Finance Manager to be part of our Accounting Team!
Aviva provides diverse insurance products to both the commercial and personal market. To ensure we defy uncertainty for our customers, Aviva reinsures some risks and exposures to other insurance or reinsurance companies. The Reinsurance Finance Team is responsible for conducting all the reinsurance operational functions such as processing transactions, credit control, change, providing cash flow, plan forecasting and credit risk data.
As the Finance Manager, you will lead and maintain the service level agreements entered into by the team, ensuring we deliver accurate, complete and timely month end accounting and service excellence to our key stakeholders whilst maintaining effective and appropriate control and governance.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Manage the reinsurance monthly accounting activities maintaining timescales and service level agreements
- Provide your input into the finance operations offshoring strategy ensuring that the operating model for Aviva Finance Operation (AFO) is complied with and any processes appropriate for offshoring are delivered in a timely manner maintaining governance and controls
- Offshore relationship management relating to reinsurance accounting, ensuring the offshore team understand risk and exposure and the value add they can provide to our key stakeholders
- Deliver accurate and insightful reinsurance reporting and forecasting
- Maintain the control environment, including data quality, within risk appetite and in compliance with Group Risk Policies and Business Standards, ensuring effective risk management, processes and controls (onshore and offshore), via timely reporting and resolution of financial and operational risks and issues
- Manage the monthly reinsurance accounting and control activities, ensure the accuracy of reinsurance results
- Deliver financial demands, including reporting to external auditors
- Execution of accurate and timely payments and recoveries to and from reinsurance partners
- Overarching responsibility to maintain an appropriate control environment
Skills and experience we're looking for:
- Recognised accounting qualification
- Insurance/reinsurance experience are desirable
- Experience with building and maintaining strong customer and stakeholder relationship
- Ability to identify, develop and implement change requirements improvements
- Experience of working in a customer service and delivery focused environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Proactive staff management including behaviours and values
What will you get for this role?
- Salary between £37,000 - £41,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Lacey Lane a call on 0207 255 0884 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.