Analytics Automation Consultant
- Full Time
Aviva is looking for a self-sufficient Analytics and Automation Consultant with solid experience in the Data Science sector to join the team on a 3-6 month contract basis.
The successful candidate will join the Analytics and Automation arm of the Group Data Strategy project. They will be tasked with measuring and understanding the maturity, technological choices and data products of all markets within the Group, and will need to crystallise the information they uncover into reports and recommendations.
- Create frameworks to capture information on Technological Choices and Data Products in each market, considering what dimensions need to be captured
- Engage with Analytics leaders and SMEs across different markets, capturing their Data Products and future plans and understanding how they work, what they do, their potential transferability, etc.
- Draft reports on Analytics Maturity, Technological Choices and Data Products, summarising current state across all markets and highlighting quick-win opportunities for improving maturity, standardising technological choices and transferring products between markets
- Set up an ongoing process for capturing the above information
Key skills and experience:
- Experience and high-level understanding of Data Science and Data Engineering concepts and tools - e.g. Machine Learning, model training, model deployment, ETL tools, data ingestion, data lake
- Ability to communicate with senior stakeholders and technical SMEs, understand their requirements and have discussions about technical concepts
- Ability to document feedback and distil into concise reports, bringing out key themes and gap analysis
- Ability to take the initiative and be proactive
- Comfortable working to deadlines
- Comfortable managing own time and working independently
- Comfortable bringing ideas to the table and challenging the plan where they can see a way to improve it
What will you get for this role?
- Salary dependent on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Ciaran Markey a call on 07919 988103 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.