Product Manager, Advertising
We are on the look-out for a Ads Product Manager to deliver best-in-class user experience and to maximise client value. Mumsnet’s vision is to be the number one choice for advice for parents and the first choice for brands wanting to understand, reach and engage with them.
If you’re an ad-tech specialist, understand software and data, and want to make your name in the industry, this could be the role for you. We aim to build a sophisticated ads platform that gives the big social networks a run for their money.
We want to lead the market in offering the best advertising to users and solutions that work for clients. You will help develop our advertising strategy whether sold directly, programmatically or via self-service.
Researching and experimenting with new formats and vendors is a core part of the role, along with optimising relevance and CTR through our first party data.
What you'll do:
- Help develop a winning strategy and roadmap for ads and native ads;
- Keep up-to-date with trends in the market and advise on what they mean for the future of ads;
- Design and manage an ads-testing framework to assess users’ views, revenue potential, page speed impact and roll-out plan;
- Find and experiment with ad, native ad, video and onsite search ad formats;
- Manage technical implementations with the Product and Tech teams;
- Manage algorithmic optimization technologies;
- Manage and protect data and contribute to strategy;
- Work closely with the Head of Ads, who manages and optimises prices, vendors and ad sales;
- Represent us in data and ad sales cooperatives, should we choose to join them.
What we're looking for
- Strategic and operational ad-tech experience gained within fast-moving publishing;
- Operational experience of some or all of SSPs, DSPs, DFP;
- Interest in and some knowledge of data analytics;
- Project management skills: hitting deadlines, juggling multiple projects and pushing for strong performance improvements.
We envisage this role as a full-time position based in our offices in Kentish Town, but we are proud to be a flexible employer and would certainly consider flexible options for the right candidate.
Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with users offering each other advice and support 24/7 (as well as more content, influencers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensably useful for parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown steadily and sustainably over the last 18-odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'.
We don't only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best. View our equality and diversity policy - http://www.mumsnet.com/info/diversity-and-equality-policy - and our improved parental leave policies - https://www.mumsnet.com/jobs/mumsnets-parental-policies. We are also proud to be a London Living Wage employer.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have a choir, a book club and a football team; and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day.
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.
Want to know more?
To find out more about our mission, our vision, our values and the way we work at Mumsnet, take a look at our culture deck: https://www.slideshare.net/Mumsnet/mumsnet-our-cul...
If all of this sounds good to you, please apply with your CV and a covering letter that demonstrates some of the qualities we’re looking for.
We’ll be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as we spot them, so don’t delay in applying!