We are on the hunt for a hungry Partnerships executive to help drive our ambitious growth plans for brand licensing at Mumsnet, specifically focused on the coveted Mumsnet Rated endorsement. Mumsnet Rated is a stamp of approval awarded by Mumsnet users that brands can license for use on their products or services. You can read more about this here.
You will be tasked with spreading the word about Mumsnet Rated by researching organisations and brands to identify new leads and potential new markets. You will also be tasked with conceiving of new ideas and products to ensure our offering is the best in the industry. The role will involve effective account management to ensure that we are meeting the objectives of our clients.
What you’ll be doing:
- Researching brands and new markets that we can take Mumsnet Rated to
- Proactively sourcing new leads
- Assisting with pitches and proposals
- Contacting potential clients via email or phone to establish rapport and set up meetings
- Coming up with new product ideas
- Creating a strong pipeline of opportunities
- Maintaining relationships with effective account management
- Manage your own clients effectively, including new business and client renewals
What we're looking for:
- Experience of prospecting and lead generation
- Experience in a client facing role
- A can-do attitude
- An ability to self motivate
- Strong interpersonal skills and a good sense of humour
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- An ability to effectively prioritise a varied workload and deadlines
It’d be nice if you had:
- Previous role in brand licensing industry
How we’ll support you:
- Weekly or bi-weekly 1-1 with line manager to review progress, agree roles, provide support;
- Formal 6-month appraisal system;
- LinkedIn online learning - bi-weekly DEAL sessions, training to be agreed with your line manager;
- Initial cross training across the Community team;
- Initial briefing sessions with relevant business partners;
- Ongoing on the job training from your line manager.
This role reports into our Brand Licensing Partnership Manager and is based in our offices in Kentish Town. This role is envisaged as full-time but we are happy to consider flexible options for the right candidate.
Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with users offering each other advice and support 24/7 (as well as more content, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensably useful for parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown steadily and sustainably over the last 19-odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'.
We don't only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best. View our equality and diversity policy - http://www.mumsnet.com/info/diversity-and-equality-policy - and our improved parental leave policies - https://www.mumsnet.com/jobs/mumsnets-parental-policies. We are also proud to be a London Living Wage employer.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have a choir, a book club and a football team; and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day.
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.
Want to know more?
Introducing Mumsnet: Our Culture - our new guide to what it's like to work at Mumsnet. Read about our mission, our vision, our values and the behaviours we expect of the people who work at Mumsnet.
View Mumsnet: Our Culture: https://www.slideshare.net/Mumsnet/mumsnet-our-cul...
If all of this sounds good to you, please apply with your CV and a covering letter that demonstrates some of the qualities we’re looking for. We’ll be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as we spot them so don’t delay in applying!